Pages

January 26, 2008

Nevin's Blog

Just in case I have too much time on my hands, I decided to start another blog.   Nevin and I started one for him today.

We are going to use his blog to "write" a story with pictures.  For our first story, I took pictures during our Nerf Gun shoot-out.  And then together we picked out which pictures and together we came up with a sentence for each picture.  My goal is that he can become more independent in his "writing" and start coming up with his own sentences.  Nevin does not consider himself a "writer" and will often "clutch" and nearly break into a cold sweat when expected to write.  Sooo.... we're working on the perception.

If he seems to really like it, I may get him a cheap digital camera and have him take it with him places ..... so he can also shoot and choose his own pictures.  

I also think he will enjoy people reading and commenting on his blog about his stories.   

We'll see how it goes.  I would love to at least do one picture/one sentence each day.  We'll see.

So our first story is written and posted.  Click on Nevin's blog link to the right. (since I haven't learned yet how to put a hot link in my post)


3 comments:

Renna said...

What a great idea, Laurie! :-)

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

I think it's a wonderful idea! So wonderful that I copied you as you know and created one for Britton.

Links in your posts. Very easy, Laurie. Just highlight the words that you want to links to a site. Then, click on the chain link icon in the toolbar of your post. A box will pop-up giving you a place to paste the URL. That's all you do.

Laurie said...

Cool!! Thanks, Marilyn. It takes a village to have a blog! :)